CEDP school libraries are physical and digital places of inquiry and reading.
They provide access to a range of resources that help kids on their Learning journey and help inspire purposeful learning.
Through access to our library resources and services, students develop a range of learner dispositions and capabilities to cultivate a culture of curiosity, creativity, imagination and innovation.
Library lessons are scheduled each Wednesday. Three teachers are present during library sessions, which range from 40-45 mins per session. During this time it is expected that:
- One teacher will assist students in locating appropriate reading material (based on student interests and reading ability) for them to borrow on a weekly basis
- One teacher will read to students, engaging them in texts and fostering a love of quality literature
- The other teacher will accession books to students.
Students also have the opportunity to borrow books three times per week, with the library open for reading, games and activities at lunchtime (Tue-Thu each week).
Students are able to access books for weekly borrowing in the school’s library at the St Augustine Learning Centre and take them home for their reading enjoyment. To borrow books, students require a library bag for the safekeeping and protection of library books.
Students at Holy Spirit also have access to a range of electronic reading material, including a range of audio books. These include:
- access to our school database to search for titles and availability in our library and other CEDP school libraries (students require their school login and password to do this)
- access to ACEN Audio and e-books (students require their school login and password to do this)
- access to Wheelers e-books, which can also be accessed on tablets using the App (App Store or Google Play Store)
- access to a range of online magazines (can be used for class work, guided reading, etc);
- Bug Club (students require details to be provided by teachers)
- Storybox (students require details to be provided by teachers).
eLibrary is the digital gateway to the range of quality online resources that encourage and enhance reading and support inquiry learning.
Access our elibrary