Holy Spirit Primary St Clair is one of the best Catholic primary school in Sydney area. Holy Spirit has an approach to learning based on leading educational research.
Learning for the Future
At Holy Spirit, we regard ourselves as a community of learners. We believe that learning is a lifelong process and we constantly review our teaching programs to provide the highest quality teaching and learning opportunities. As educators, we collaboratively plan and implement learning programs.
Holy Spirit has a contemporary approach to learning based on leading educational research. Through the use of flexible learning spaces and teacher expertise, we aim to achieve the best outcomes for every child. The school design and adaptability of spaces make it easy to navigate through the school, and are designed to maximise learning outcomes. Our learning program encompasses seven key learning areas.
At Holy Spirit, we recognise that each student has a unique learning path. We provide a rich array of engaging learning experiences for our students, that help them become independent and successful learners. We ensure that we know each student and meet their diverse and individual needs.
Each child is unique. They learn in a variety of ways and at different rates. In some cases, children have learning difficulties or disabilities that require additional programs and support. Through the pastoral care of our students, we meet their individual needs with the help of our learning support team.
We offer a focused literacy program through Focus160, and a literacy intervention program through Reading Recovery. We also facilitate Extended Mathematical Understanding (EMU) intervention for small groups of children, as part of our numeracy program. Each student is challenged and supported to reach his or her potential.
The Learning Support team provides support to classroom teachers and their students in a variety of ways. They work with teachers to develop appropriate learning tasks for students. They also work individually with students, assist parents to access support from outside agencies, and arrange assessments through the Catholic Education Office, Parramatta, and other agencies.
Our school has developed a Literacy Lift-Off Program, to target children in Stage 1 who need a boost to improve their reading skills. This program, which is implemented and supported by the literacy support teacher, teacher assistants, classroom teacher and parents, has proven to be a wonderful success story in improving the literacy achievement of our students.
Opportunities for Pursuing Passions
At Holy Spirit, we believe that students should be encouraged to express themselves outside the classroom. They have the opportunity to participate in a wide range of extracurricular and support activities, including:
- creative and performing arts in choir, music and drama
- school Choir, Band and CAPTIVATE Strings Program
- excursions and incursions that support our educational program
- activities during Book Week that enhance our reading program
- sporting events which encourage enjoyment for all
- representing the school at inter-diocesan and state level competitions, in various sports such as netball, touch football and soccer
- the Year 6 Diocesan ‘Voice of Youth’ public speaking competition
- entering competitions, such as the University of New South Wales competitions in Mathematics and English
- transition programs, including the Kindergarten Starting School program, which is held in Term 4 of the year before the student starts school, and the Year 6 high school transition preparation
- student leadership opportunities, including formal leadership responsibilities for Year 6 students
- the Buddy Program, where Year 6 students are assigned a buddy in Kindergarten to mentor
- pastoral care and support for students and their families through access to counselling
- the Year 6 social justice committee, that assists with activities such as the missions and organising hampers for St Vincent de Paul.
Holy Spirit recognises its responsibility to the future, by fostering in its students an awareness of the world around them.
The school, as a whole, works together to support a number of charities, including Caritas Australia's Project Compassion, Catholic Mission and St Vincent de Paul.
Enrol your child today
Why not contact our school to enrol your child today? Learn how we are implementing contemporary learning, through the use of flexible classroom spaces and teacher expertise, to achieve the best outcomes for every child.